Monday, February 28, 2011

Measurements for "One Charm Pack Quilt"

x
This was my first time to even open my EQ6, I have had it for awhile and now they have come out with EQ7, boy am I behind. I hope this is clear on this easy quilt. The measurements below are with the seam allowance. Charm square is in the middle and a total of 25 blocks made to make a quilt measuring 48 1/2" X 48 1/2. Below are the measurements to cut your block out, the measurement in the blue square is your charm pack square 5" X 5". All I did for the outside border is cut the remaining charm pack squares in half and sew the 2 1/2" X 5" together making one long border piece to sew around the quilt. If you have any questions just email me. My EQ6 says the light fabric requirement is - 1 & 7/8 Yards. I'm sorry to say I did not measure my fabric before I started cutting my strips. Maybe I need to make another one to be able to tell you for sure. 3 1/2" X WOF AND 1 1/2" X WOF are the strips you need to cut from light fabric.
x
I'll show a picture of the quilt after it is quilted. It is in the post below before being quilted.
x
Have Fun,
and Keep Stitchin'
Bonnie

12 comments:

Staci said...

This is so clever! Thank you for sharing it!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Yeah, thank you so much - another one 'to do'.
hugs
Miche'le

Barb said...

What a cute design.

Jocelyn said...

I bought the EQ6 a year ago Christmas, and like you said then they came out with EQ7. I've never learned how to use the program, so it just sits :-( I am not computer savvy.

Nancy said...

I have eq5 and NEVER use it. I just can't figure it out...{sigh} Thanks for the instructions...off to cut some strips...

Nedra said...

I admire that you are smart enough and computer savy enough to work with EQ6. Keep going!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

So glad I came across your blog! I love this quilt pattern.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will design more! Perfect for the single charm packs!

Judi said...

great quilt thanks for sharing instructions on making it. I love it and hope to make one soon.

Martina said...

This quilt looks lovely. Thanks for sharing. I might try this one!

Sue said...

Very cute and simple! I love it! But . . . unless your charm pack has 44 squares in it (mine all have 42) you will not have enough to complete this quilt. You would either need to use two squares from another charm pack or do as I did, just use some similar fabric from your stash to fill in.

TerryH said...

Love this quilt & the lay out. Would be fun to make. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...