Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Burp Cloths Tutorial



Baby Burp Cloths



Cutting Fabric-Will make 2 Burp Cloths



Main Fabric-18" x WOF-You will then cut this fabric at the fold. You will then have two pieces that measure 18" x 22" if your fabric is 44" wide.


Border Fabric-10" x WOF-Cut 2 from this fabric to measure 10" x 18"



To place embroidery, I fold the main fabric in half. Selvage on one end and fold where it would measure 9" x 22" and crease down the middle. Embroidery-I line up the fold in the embroidery hoop positioning it so the design will be at the end without the selvage. The reason for this is on some fabrics, as the one I'm using, I do not finish the selvage end. Some fabrics you have to finish both ends.




Embroidery design by machine or hand. Now fold border piece to measure 5" x 18" and pin to the end of main piece and sew.






At this point I finish all edges.



Top stitch seam toward main fabric.





Fold in half with RST-the burp cloth will now measure 9" x 26" and sew 1/2" center seam.





Press seam open and turn. You will have a long tube. Opened on both ends.





I found this to be long enough to go over shoulder and fit comfortable.


Finish off with an ornament that you can sign and write the date on the back. Embroidery the name on the burp cloth and it makes a very special gift for the little one.





WOF-Width Of Fabric


RST-Right Sides Together










7 comments:

Victoria Lynn said...

Bonnie,
Glad you're back - it sounds like you had a fun trip. Those burp cloths are very cute! Have a productive week!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Very sweet!

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment during my time of grief.

Blessings,
Brook

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie, Those are really cute! Good luck at your show. Hope you sell tons. ~ Lynn
P.S. I think your Mom's idea of a Halloween cave girl was precious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the tutorial - they burp cloths are absolutely darling. I will definitely be using your method to make some for my upcoming baby.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are adorable!

Carrie P. said...

So cute. I wish I knew of a baby I could make one for.

em's scrapbag said...

Cute burp clothes. Thanks for the great tut.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...