Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"New Update"--So good to be Home, but I've had a blast!!!

Update-" This is an update added to my post, I love the magazine American Patchwork & Quilting by Better Homes and Gardens and needing a fast quilt to be finished within a month and going on vacation it had to be something quick and easy. My new magazine arrived and I saw this one. Grabbed 18 fat quarters off the shelf and adjusted the border and only 3 squares across and 3 down. It really turned out to be a big quilt."
x x

Hi everyone, I've missed all of you and can't wait to catch up on all the excitement out in blog land. We got back from our vacation and then I headed out to a quilt retreat with good friends. I'll post pictures soon of all the sewing that was done. It does a body good to have laughter and sewing all in one place.
x
The picture at the very top is a quilt I made that had to be finished for this weekend. It is for a raffle for someone very sick and I hope it will bring in funds needed for him and his family.
x
The pictures below are from our vacation and the retreat I went to. I'll give out all the information in my next post, the ladies that run this one are so nice and talk about good food...

x
x





I haven't forgot about the tutorial and the surprise giveaway. Look for them soon!!!


Keep Stitchen'




13 comments:

Deb said...

Lovely to hear from you Bonnie. What beautiful beach views in your photos. I am concerned about the ladies you went on retreat with, you didn't mention they were triplets......
hugs Deb

Barb said...

You are just a jet setter...glad you had fun, the quilt is wonderful!

Vicki ♥ said...

Great to hear you had a good time and also good that you got home all safe and sound :)

Nancy said...

The beach photo is so pretty...I feel like I can hear the waves from here...

What pattern is the quilt?

Anonymous said...

That quilt turned out really nice! I am sure it will be a big hit :o)

Nanette Merrill said...

The pics are delightful. Warm feeling. The quilt is wonderful. I've always wanted to make a quilt like that.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Welcome home. What a wonderful thing to do for your friend. Wishing you a very successful raffle.

Lori Holt said...

Welcome back ... I love your retreat photos...so peaceful.
What a neat quilt and to have it make up so fast is a plus!

Rebecka said...

Bonnie,
Love you quilt. Your vacation photos are beautiful. The beach looks wonderful!! Gave to see you are back.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh Bonnie! We are sure you had a blast....a quilt in a week? You make us so tired :)
Glad your back....can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the beach next week...just seeing the gorgeous photo of yours makes me even more excited about our planned trip.
Job wel done on those quilts! I'll have to go back and look at that issue.

Kaaren said...

Welcome back, Bonnie. You've been missed.

Your raffle quilt is beautiful and I hope you it raises a bunch of money.

Now that's a place to have a retreat! Not too shabby, huh?

Candace said...

LOVE the colors you chose for your quilt, Bonnie! Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation - welcom home!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...