Friday, June 3, 2011

This has been on my To Do List

I've had this marked for awhile to make and it seems when we meet on Thursday for our sew-in, I stare at all that needs to be sewn and cannot make my mind up on what to take. My husband said the other morning, "I thought you were going to your sewing group," which took me forever to decide what to sew on. Well not anymore. I'm cutting out the quilt on top right hand side of the magazine and this is what I'm sewing on every Thursday till it's complete. The date on the magazine is 1999. We'll see how long this last, (stay focus, stay focus). It is all templates and batiks. I've had these quite awhile and now the first block is done (had to see about sewing circles) and many more cut out. Yeah!!! The block is just sitting on the other fat quarters.


The rest of my time is spent putting up vegetables from the garden, watching grand babies and sewing for the trade-days weekend coming up in a week.


x


104 degrees yesterday, so hoping everyone is staying cool.
x




Keep Stitchen'


Bonnie





12 comments:

Hands Sew Full said...

Oh my! I love your colour selection so much better than the magazines! I am also glad that I am not the only one with a "to do" list that spans a couple of decades!! Wishing you "sticktoitiveness!"

Barb said...

Sounds like you are keeping very busy....

I too love the colors you have chosen.

andsewon said...

Love your color picks also! We need rain so badly. our wee garden is dryn up!

Nedra said...

I've felt that way before, too. Sometimes the to-do pile is so big you almost don't know where to start.
Lovely choice, and I know you will have fun with this one.

Anonymous said...

I think the quilt will turn out lovely! I am so jealous of your garden too! Nice!

Carrie P. said...

Awesome garden! I guess it likes the heat.
And what a great quilt you are working on. I remember seeing that issue but the circles made me nervous. Yours look great.

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's hotter than blue blazes here where I am Bonnie! And I love the quilt but all those curves...you go girl! blessings, marlene

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful batiks and a terrific block. You have an amazing garden!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm jealous of your tomato plants but not the heat!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello Bonnie, 104 isn't that crazy? Thanks for stopping by and hope you stay "cooler" this week.

Brenda said...

How beautiful! I love the colors!
What a fun quilt to make!
Thanks for visiting, you are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt and the colors are soooo vibrant.....Your garden is divine!!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. :)

Louise--SlaveToMyNeedles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...