Memorial Day Recipes
How many love to have picnics, friends or just family over for Memorial Day Weekend. Here are a couple of quick and cool dessert ideas to have on hand.
Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix, baked according to package directions
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) whipped topping
- 1 quart fresh strawberries mixed with 1/4 cup sugar
1. Crumble the yellow cake mix into large chunks. Press a small amount of the crumbled cake mix into the bottom of four small canning jars. In a small bowl, mix together the frosting and whipped topping. Spoon a small amount on top of the cake layer. Spoon a few strawberries on top of the frosting layer, add another layer of cake, frosting, and strawberries.
2. Top each jar with a lid and ring. Store in the fridge up to 12 hours before serving.
This one the kids could help out with, how fun!
Y'all come back,